OVERVIEW A foundation year provides the perfect environment to advance your academic abilities before continuing on to the full degree course. Key skills and knowledge gained during the year give you an excellent grounding and a wide exposure to a range of subjects within our triple accredited business school. You'll develop your study skills including academic writing and personal and professional development to start you off in the best possible way for your degree. You will learn more about business in a global and national context, and approaches to leading and managing in organisations. The foundation year also gives you the ability to develop your analytical skills and learn how to incorporate data to add real value to achieve organisational objectives. Once you’ve passed, you’ll be ready to start your degree course. That means your degree will take four years, or five years if it includes a work placement or year studying abroad. There are endless opportunities in the international hospitality industry spanning everything from catering and tourism to events, hotel management and so much more. Much of the knowledge, skills and operational experience gained on the BSc (Hons) International Hospitality Business Management degree can pave the way for a career in business, marketing, human resource management or finance. On our full degree course, you’ll start preparing for your career on day one. During induction week, you’ll learn about the exciting opportunities ahead. Placements, volunteering, events – there are lots of ways to make your CV stand out if you’re prepared to make the most of them. Our industry partners are with you every step of the way; which has never been so important given the challenges the industry has faced during the global pandemic. You’ll learn first hand how the industry is changing, adapting and overcoming obstacles, from managers and alumni in the know, and in real-time. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Funding support - you can apply for student finance (eg tuition fee loan, student loan and student maintenance grant) in the same way as other students.
- Triple accredited - our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Highly ranked in the UK - we're ranked 9th in the Complete University Guide 2021 for Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation and Tourism subjects.
- Adapt to life at university - develop your study skills and get to know your campus and lecturers during your foundation year.
- Enhance your employability - through activities including internships, volunteering or learning a new language. With our award-winning ‘Rise at Manchester Met’ programme you can gain extra academic credits towards your degree.
- Supporting you in person and online - student support initiatives including drop-in sessions, lecture recordings and dedicated support, both on and offline.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2022.
If you already have a 2022 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade D/3 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass and GCSE grade D/3 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics pass
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course