Combining robotic systems with artificial intelligence to produce a new generation of workers and companions is no longer the stuff of science fiction – it’s science reality. This British Computer Society accredited course brings together these two areas, and offers conceptual grounding in intelligent systems, and the chance to apply theoretical knowledge in a practical setting. With access to humanoid robots, robotic arms, wheeled platforms and other hi-tech robotic equipment, you will develop the skills demanded by employers in this fast growing area. Why choose this course?
- Learn how artificial intelligence and robotics are playing vital roles in the world’s most advanced technological industries – from medicine to entertainment – and are found at the heart of much of today’s most innovative science
- Study on one of the few UK university courses that offers both areas of study together
- Develop a solid conceptual grounding and apply theoretical knowledge in a practical setting
- Gain the expertise you will need to target a number of industries, including advertising, engineering and computer science
- Explore the use of humanoid robots, robotic arms, wheeled platforms and other hi-tech robotic equipment
- Challenge your technical abilities by using the latest software to control robotic machines
- Benefit from the experience and knowledge of a highly committed team of teaching experts
Areas of study include:
- Engineering Mathematics
- Mathematics and Concepts for Computational Thinking
- Principles of Programming and Data Structures
- Robot Principles and Design
- Desktop Applications Development and Software Engineering
- Mobile Application Development
- Operational Information Security Management
- Robot Intelligent Control
- Advanced Robotics
- Agile Project Management
- Ai and Mobile Robots
- Research Methodologies and Emerging Technologies
- Social and Professional Project Management
- Undergraduate Project in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Luton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered. If you would like to check that your qualifications will be accepted please contact the university.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course