Develop skills in all areas of film – from idea development, production to distribution, concept to completion. You’ll graduate as an enterprising and entrepreneurial practitioner capable of working in today’s film industry as well as shaping its future. Why study BA (Hons) Film at BU?
- Study a variety of aspects of filmmaking such as distribution, marketing, buying, fundraising and film production, through a combination of practical and theoretical approaches
- Access industry standard digital film cameras, editing programmes and audio equipment throughout your degree
- Work alongside internationally recognised film lecturers and practitioners
- Choose optional modules to specialise in a particular area of interest to match your career ambitions
- Make invaluable industry connections during an optional 30-week work placement with organisations such as The Walt Disney Company, Signal Productions, NorthLight Media and Curtain Calls Production.
- Within 15 months of completing their course, 93% of our students were employed or in further study (source DiscoverUni 2023)
During the Foundation Year, you will study Academic & Professional Practice | Collaborative Communication Project | Media & Current Debates | Media Work. As part of the Degree, you will study Film Language | The Film Industries | Principles of Storytelling | Film Language 2 | Creative Collaboration | Understanding Experimental Film
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland