Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information. Course summary
- Develop high-level skills as an actor and performer.
- Research, plan and execute professional-standard performances across stage, screen, audio and digital media.
- Create a multi-media digital portfolio to showcase your work.
- Engage with communities and challenge real-world issues.
- Take part in our final-year degree showcase festival.
- acting and performing
- taking part in production projects
- practical workshops
- working in an ensemble
- attending performances
- work-based learning
- independent study
- real-life projects for external clients
- interactive lectures and seminars
- extracurricular activities, including theatre and performance productions
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. Important notice: The structure for this course is currently being reviewed and enhanced to provide the best possible learning experience for our students. Module structure, content, delivery and assessment are all likely to change, but we expect the focus of the course and the learning outcomes to remain as described above. Once the changes have been confirmed, updated module information will be published on this page. You will be able to complete a placement year as part of this course. See the modules table below for further information. Year 1 Compulsory modules
- Acting Ensemble
- Media For Acting And Performance
- Performance Commission
- Acting With Texts
- Bodies, Space, Performance
- Ideas Into Action
- Placement Year
- Change Makers' Festival
- Advanced Acting Techniques
- Drama In Education & The Community
- Making Comedy
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Please note that this information is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University.
English language requirements
|If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or equivalent.
Please click the following link to find out more about English language requirements for this course
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.