University Centre Rotherham has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
About this Course: Learners can progress to the Higher National Diploma (HND), after successfully completing of the Certificate, for a second year of study to gain a full Level 5 Diploma qualification. The course provides you with a wealth of transferrable experience and employability skills either to take you straight into industry or onto further study. You will also build confidence both academically and practically within real animal industry scenarios. You will have access to work with a large variety of animal species. These include large and small exotic mammals, companion mammals, aquatics, amphibians, reptiles, invertebrates, farm livestock, horses and avian species. Our lecturing staff have a wide range of expertise, having worked in a variety of animal-related industries and have many years of experience. Former students have stated that they felt ready for the next step of their career and were fully supported to achieve to the best of their ability. As part of the course, there will be an opportunity to take part in a two-week residential conservation programme in South Africa. Modules Covered:
- Biological Principles
- Research Project
- Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Evolution and Adaptation
- Advanced Patient Care
- Breeding and Genetics
- With further study at higher levels, you can pursue employment in Veterinary Nursing, Zoology, Marine Biology, and Animal Behaviour.
- Employment within the industry, such as Zoo/Animal Collection roles, Veterinary Sciences, Education, Animal Welfare, Visitor's Centre Management, Animal Charities, or into Animal Welfare and Rescue.
- Five GCSE's grade C/4 including English Literature, English Language, Maths and Science
- Completion of HNC Level 4
- Level 3 qualification in Animal Management
- Three Science or Animal- based A- Levels
- Access to HE certificate in a relevant discipline (Science of animal management)
•The business environment •Animal husbandry •Animal health and welfare •Research project •Anatomy and physiology •Animal nursing •Exotics and pet trade •Managing animals in education •Planning, monitoring and nutrition
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- University Centre Rotherham (UCR)
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
All applicants who are non-native English speakers, or who have not studied the final two years of school in English, must have an IELTS score of Level 5.5 or above with a minimum of 5.0 for individual sections.
There are no qualification requirements for this course.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6900||Year 1|