Film studies provides an imaginative approach to researching film and visual media texts, and how these have changed over time and across cultures. You will explore a range of issues, such as film aesthetics and technologies, representations of gender, race and sexuality, and the politics and economics of the global entertainment industry. You will develop technical language and key analytical skills, and have opportunities to do creative work according to your interests. With this knowledge and experience, you will be equipped for a career in the film or media industries, or related fields such as marketing, education or research. Why choose this course?
- No. 1 in the UK. Britain's best university, ranked by students (Student Crowd University Awards, 2022)
- Work Placement opportunities to gain key transferable skills to enhance your career prospects
- Discover diverse cultures through an International Year at a partner university across the globe
- Assessment methods develop your skills as a creative writer, researcher or practitioner
- Tailor your degree and explore both theory and practice based on your interests and career aspirations
For a list of indicative modules please visit the course page on the Keele University website.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Please see our website for our full range of entry requirements
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course