Develop in-depth knowledge of accounting and finance theory and learn to apply it in practice. Graduate prepared for a career in either field. Receive a theoretical foundation in accounting and finance. You’ll learn to analyse accounting information and financial decisions, and how to apply this knowledge in the real world. Our emphasis on technical and practical skills means you will graduate prepared for a finance or accounting career. You'll work with and learn from industry experts. This makes sure you'll explore the most topical issues in finance practice. You'll also develop technical skills employers look for like:
- financial modelling
- applications of FinTech
- do a dissertation (either an academic research project or an applied research project)
- do an internship
- Get an advantage in the job market by developing the skills employers want
- Learn the key contemporary issues in finance practice
- Make the course your own. Customise the degree to suit your strengths and ambitions by choosing two optional units from a range of topics.
- Apply academic theory to a practical issue with an optional dissertation alternative. You'll get valuable experience working on a real-life problem.
- Share your knowledge and experiences with students from all our finance courses. You'll gain global insight working with students from all over the world.
You should have at least a 2:1 or above (or international equivalent) undergraduate degree. Your degree can be in any discipline but a quantitative background/aptitude required. Such subjects include engineering, mathematics, economics and physics. We may consider other subjects if they have enough quantitative content. If you are a UK student and completed your undergraduate degree abroad, your qualification must be equivalent to a 2:1 or above. We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
English language requirements
View English language requirements
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course