If you live to perform, this course will prepare you for a career in the spotlight, developing your movement and vocal skills while you explore the world of performance, from musicals to physical theatre. Our approach is to foster each student’s unique talents so the course provides many opportunities for you to grow as an individual and find out what path within performing arts leads to your future. We cover all core aspects of performance, including industry insight, digital performance and professional practice. You can also select to develop your skills in specific areas such as choreography, acting, dance technique, and musical theatre. You perform work by professional directors and/or choreographers as well as creating your own performances, which are shown in our professional theatre. You gain experience teaching and/or directing, and are encouraged to think, write and talk about how performance theory informs your work. Why choose this course?
- Learn from our highly experienced teaching team, specialising in different areas of performing arts
- Benefit from a range of workshops and talks from visiting directors, choreographers and companies
- Gain performance experience in our modern rehearsal studios and professional 280-seat theatre
- Showcase your work in our degree show
- Learn entrepreneurial skills that will help you find, apply for and create your own opportunities to work in the exciting and diverse field of performing arts
- Our graduates are now running their own companies; working in theatre; in the holiday entertainment and music industries; teaching; and using the leadership skills they gained in the wider cultural industries
Areas of study include:
- Analysing Performance
- Devising for Performance
- Understanding Performance
- Understanding the Performance Sector
- Working in the Performance Sector
- Creating Contemporary Performance
- Dance Technique and Choreography
- Digital Performance
- Questioning Performance
- Acting in Context
- Dance Technique and Improvisation
- Dance Technique and Performance Making
- Musical Theatre
- Teaching and Community Practice
- Innovations: Physical Theatre
- Practice as Research
- Professional Practice in Performing Arts
- Staging New Writing
- University Dance Company
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Bedford Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered. If you would like to check that your qualifications will be accepted please contact the university.
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course