From audio to visual, fact to fiction, digital development and beyond, this course will prepare you for a career in an ever-changing industry as a content creator, storyteller and future leader of media production. Why study BA (Hons) Media Production?
- Work with real clients, creating artefacts that impact and enhance the world around you
- Access specialist facilities including kit, post-production suites, and a sound stage
- Develop a dynamic range of skills across a number of disciplines including film, audio production and platform development
- Learn from practising professionals and researchers and benefit from their industry connections through guest speakers and workshops
- Specialise during your Graduate Production Project, allowing you to develop a piece of work in whichever media form suits your career aspirations, giving you a calling card to the industry upon graduation.
- Within 15 months of completing their course, 96% of our students were employed or in further study. (source DiscoverUni 2022).
During the Foundation Year, you will study Academic & Professional Practice | Collaborative Communication Project | Media & Current Debates | Media Work. As part of the Degree, you will study Media Scholarship | Digital Film | Audio Production | Scriptwriting | Digital Media Design | Media Perspectives | Form & Content | Stories & Spaces | Client & Audience | Research Project | Specialist Craft Skills | Graduate Production Project
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
English language requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|