The MAcc Advanced Accounting with Placement is a new integrated undergraduate programme (combining undergraduate and Masters-level study in one four year course), replacing BSc Accounting. It is unique in the UK and Ireland in offering:
- A Master's-level qualification with undergraduate fees for all four years;
- Exemption from Chartered Accountants Ireland CAP1 & CAP2* exams and maximum permitted exemptions from other professional bodies;
- A paid work-based placement during Semester Two of Year Four, together with a work-related research project;
- Alternative exit point after three years with students awarded BSc Accounting.
- CAP1 approval obtained and CAP2 being processed.
- The MAcc offers a wide range of exemptions from professional accountancy exams, which can be an important head start in becoming a fully qualified accountant. Uniquely in the UK and Ireland, the MAcc offers students exemption from Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)’s CAP1 and CAP2* examinations. Students who exit after Year Three gain full CAP1 exemptions.
- For ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), completion of this course also gives maximum exemptions for the Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills exams.
- Students also earn maximum exemptions from CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) at Certificate Level and Operational Level allowing candidates direct entry to Management Level objective tests.
- Exemptions are also available from the examinations of the Association of International Accountants (AIA) and the Institute of Chartered Accountants England and Wales (ICAEW).
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
For information on international qualification equivalents, please check the specific information for your country at: http://www.qub.ac.uk/International/International-students/Your-Country/
GCSE Mathematics grade B/6 or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.