Including a foundation year as part of your four-year study programme will give you a head start in your academic and professional life. The foundation year offers the chance to strengthen your skills, knowledge and confidence before you advance to stage one of your honours degree. It could also be beneficial if you are planning a career change. Join a new generation of cyber security professionals. You’ll learn how to manage security incidents and ensure systems are robust, all underpinned by vital experience in industry. KEY FEATURES OF THIS COURSE
- FACILITIES: Use cutting-edge software development tools in our industry-standard labs. Our Cyber Security lab contains a set-up used for investigating digital crime alongside a range of software.
- PLACEMENT YEAR: Take an optional industrial placement year which will stand you in good stead for securing a rewarding job on graduation.
- EMPLOYABILITY: Security is a vital requirement of computer-based systems. As the number of security-related incidents continues to grow, so does the demand for expertise in cyber security.
- FLEXIBILITY: Benefit from the option to transfer to another degree in our Computing portfolio after your first year.
- NO EXAMS!: We’ll assess you via other methods through your degree.
- Case studies
- Oral and graphic presentations
- Collaborative and interdisciplinary teamwork projects
- Computer-based testing
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
English language requirements
IELTS overall score at a minimum of 6.0; with at least IELTS 5.5 in each band (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing) or another Secure English Language Test(SELT)at CEFR level B2 or above
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|