Study with one of the country’s most established providers, learning from an academic team at the cutting edge of teaching and research, on a course that’s your springboard to a career in the field of sport and physical education. Combining theory of teaching with practical activities, this wide-ranging degree teaches you lab-based skills that develop your understanding of human performance while also focusing on sports psychology, in areas such as behaviour and motivation. Other areas covered by the course include exercise practice; sport pedagogy; physiology and health; physical activity and social inclusion; physical activity and health interventions; and professional development. Opportunities for relevant work experience are embedded into the course and there is also the option to take a sandwich year placement. Why choose this course?
- Gain an understanding of teaching and coaching that gives you a skill set transferable across multiple career fields
- Develop research and analytical skills in your final-year professional study
- Choose either a BA or BSc degree route, giving you a unique chance to specialise
- A fitness qualification endorsed by Skills Active is embedded into the course, allowing you to enter onto the Register of Exercise Professionals Level 2
- Benefit from teaching that puts your future employability at the heart of the course: 97% of our graduates are in work or study six months after finishing
- Take the course over four years and include a fee-free year in industry (see below), gaining work experience and making contacts for the future
- If you need to step up into higher education, start with a Foundation Year (see below) which guarantees entry to the undergraduate degree
Every effort is made to ensure this information is accurate at the point of publication on the UCAS website. For the most up-to-date information, please refer to our website.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Bedford Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|