Study with one of the country’s most established providers, learning from an academic team at the cutting edge of teaching and research, on a course that’s your springboard to a career in the field of sport and physical education. Combining theory of teaching with practical activities, this wide-ranging degree teaches you lab-based skills that develop your understanding of human performance while also focusing on sports psychology, in areas such as behaviour and motivation. Other areas covered by the course include exercise practice; sport pedagogy; physiology and health; physical activity and social inclusion; physical activity and health interventions; and professional development. Opportunities for relevant work experience are embedded into the course and there is also the option to take a sandwich year placement. Why choose this course?
- Gain an understanding of teaching and coaching that gives you a skill set transferable across multiple career fields
- Develop research and analytical skills in your final-year professional study
- Choose either a BA or BSc degree route, giving you a unique chance to specialise
- A fitness qualification endorsed by Skills Active is embedded into the course, allowing you to enter onto the Register of Exercise Professionals Level 2
- Benefit from teaching that puts your future employability at the heart of the course: 97% of our graduates are in work or study six months after finishing
- Take the course over four years and include a fee-free year in industry (see below), gaining work experience and making contacts for the future
- If you need to step up into higher education, start with a Foundation Year (see below) which guarantees entry to the undergraduate degree
Every effort is made to ensure this information is accurate at the point of publication on the UCAS website. For the most up-to-date information, please refer to our website.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Bedford Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course