Employment trends show a growing gap in the market for graduates who are as comfortable in the world of IT as they are in management and marketing. This course equips you with the knowledge skills and professional competency to work confidently as a manager in a technology-driven business environment. Our Information Technology Management for Business (ITMB) course develops your understanding of business management practice as well as offering you the opportunity to design technology solutions for business – giving you a much sought-after skill set. You explore core IT and data analytics areas including the digital transformation of business operations; marketing and management principles; IT infrastructure; and the impact of technology on internationalisation and sustainability. You learn how to use a range of emerging IT platforms and are able to make links between IT solutions and business needs. This course is in the process of receiving accreditation by TechSkills https://www.techskills.org. On successfully completing the course you receive its Tech Industry Gold credential for technology-related education and training. TechSkills is recognised as a professional statutory and regulatory body (PSRB) for the accreditation of technology degrees in the UK. Why choose this course?
- It has been developed in partnership with some of our leading technology companies including Accenture; Amazon Web Services; BAE Systems; IBM; NetworkRail; NHS Digital; BT; Cisco; and Deloitte – so you graduate employment-ready
- Work in our new state-of-the-art business analytics suite exploring cutting-edge ITMB and data-analytics platforms along with the latest developments in business solutions
- Learn from subject area experts using innovative teaching and learning approaches
- Gain valuable insights from industry experts through masterclasses and talks at the University
- Engage with live projects and real business issues using a IT-driven approach to problem-solving across a range of regional small/medium enterprises
- Benefit from research-informed teaching delivered by a faculty recognised for its top-level research in business and finance (REF 2022)
- Study at a Business School with partners across the world giving you to the cross-cultural perspectives you need to work in the global market
Areas of study include; • Introduction to Management Practice • Digital Transformation of Business • Business Data Analysis and Analytics • Consultancy in Practice (using Systems Approaches) • IT Risk and Cyber Security • Digital Economy: AI, VR
Course work; live projects; exams; group and individual project work.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Luton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE maths grade 4 or equivalent
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland