This course is accredited by the University of Warwick OVERVIEW Want to create events with the ‘wow’ factor? Managing events is an exciting sector offering considerable potential for those with the right blend of communication, leadership and managerial abilities. Building on these skills, our Events Management top-up degree course will help you launch a career working in everything from meetings and exhibitions to sporting events, festivals and wedding planning. This events management course is designed for anyone who has previously studied a relevant subject (up to Level 5), enhancing your understanding of the sector with detailed examination of events systems, project management and how to oversee a live event. You will also have the chance to go on an overseas residential visit and conduct an international research project. Our events top-up degree is dual accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), a recognised professional management body. This means when you complete the top-up course, you will also be eligible for an industry-recognised Award in Leadership and Management from the CMI (subject to payment of an additional fee), boosting your attractiveness to prospective employers. WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Residential visit – Travel overseas for a residential trip to a European destination as part of your top-up course
- Industry approved – Complete our CMI-accredited events management top-up and you will be eligible for an Award in Leadership, with CMI membership and access to learning resources throughout your course
- Diverse skills and knowledge – Study a wide range of topics including events planning, marketing and risk management, and gain new skills studying in our Digital Creative Studio
- Specialise your studies – Tailor your learning with a variety of optional modules including financial strategy, adventure events and ‘dark’ tourism
- Events/festival manager
- Conference centre manager
- Marketing executive
- Digital marketer
- Tour manager
- Project manager
- Please refer to our website www.ucb.ac.uk for the latest updates to this course
- Festival and Event Tourism
- Mega Events
- Winning Events Bids
- International Research Project
- Event Crisis Strategy
- Financial Strategy
- Global Marketing Solutions
- Managing Adventure Events
- Dark and Thanatourism Management
Note: Indicative information only. Actual timetables and assessment regimes will be issued at your induction. Please be aware that methods of delivery for this course may be altered due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic – for the most up-to-date information, please refer to our website: www.ucb.ac.uk ASSESSMENT Estimated breakdown of assessment for this top-up course:
- Coursework – 70%
- Practical assessment – 5%
- Written examination – 25%
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Management Institute
How to apply
To apply for this course you will be taken to the provider's website, where you can find out more information and make an application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 3
Entry requirements for advanced entry (i.e. into Year 2 and beyond)
- **Transferring from another university** At University College Birmingham, we consider applications from students who have studied, or are currently studying, a Higher Education course and now wish to transfer universities. - **What do I need to do?** To make an enquiry about studying at University College Birmingham, you will need to complete our online enquiry form -> **https://portal.ucb.ac.uk/#/admissions/ucb-direct-apply** Consideration for advanced entry will be dependent on the modules of your previous course, and how well this matches to the content of the course you wish to transfer to at University College Birmingham. Additionally, the process will be dependent on the number of credits achieved on your current course. Where similar study is apparent, it may be possible for us to award Accreditation for Previous Learning (APL) and, therefore, advanced entry onto a course at UCB will be permitted. Please note; due to the nature of this process, all applications are considered on an individual basis.
All non-EU international students can apply directly via our online application forms: https://portal.ucb.ac.uk/#/admissions/direct-application/intro Undergraduate applicants can also apply via UCAS, if they wish to apply to more than one university. The International Admissions team aim to respond to any new application made directly via the online application form within 5 working days of receipt. However, this can vary during peak application periods (particularly January-March) or if the team require additional information to process your application. Applicants who apply to transfer to University College Birmingham on to a second year or final year of a course will have their previous course matched for entry. Each application is considered individually and careful consideration is given to all information on your application form. We may also need to contact you regarding your immigration status or previous studies in the UK.
If you are unsure if your previous qualification is suitable please contact us before completing an application, you can call us on 0121 604 1040 or email: [email protected] EU/international students Academic: European and International qualifications studied in a relevant subject matter will also be considered applicants will need to have achieved 120 ECTS or equivalent (European Credit Transfer) If you are unsure if your previous qualification is suitable please contact us before completing an application, you can call us on 0121 604 1040 or email EU: [email protected] International: [email protected]
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
To apply for all undergraduate degrees, if your first language is not English, you will need to sit an approved test in English.
UCB English Language Requirements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|