The world needs accountants and finance professionals who can make informed strategic choices for businesses that enable them to grow and survive in a competitive market. This course provides you with the skills to make these investment decisions across a range of business environments. This degree gives you the understanding and skills to record, classify, summarise, interpret and communicate financial information while you help a business to follow correct accounting standards and comply with the law. Studying in a simulated business environment you explore business practice from regulatory and risk management issues to how financial markets operate and what makes them crash. Units include corporate governance; data analysis; auditing; and taxation. The course is accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and the Association of International Accountants. Why choose this course?
- It has a high overall student satisfaction rating of 95%
- Learn about both the power and limitations of accountancy and its financial techniques and how these impact on areas under the wider business umbrella
- Explore contemporary issues in accounting or finance through your supervised research dissertation
- ACCA awards exemptions from its F1 to F9 papers if you successfully complete relevant course units – the maximum ACCA exemptions available at undergraduate level
- Successfully completing relevant course units also makes you eligible for exemptions from the AIA’s Foundation level and Professional level 1 papers
- Acquire transferable professional skills in communication problem-solving teamwork and leadership
- Develop your interest in specialist areas with the opportunity to progress to Masters’ level
- If you need to step up into higher education start with a Foundation Year which guarantees entry to the degree course
- Joel Koj BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Luton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland