If you’re ready to take your career in law forward, or in one of the many law-related fields, our LLM is an excellent next step. It’s a versatile qualification that produces highly employable graduates for an increasingly connected world. The course offers an in-depth understanding of how the law applies to individuals, business and society, not only regionally and nationally but also in the global arena of international relations and multinational corporations. As such, you will study the effectiveness of the post-1945 legal world order and how the globalised system of business, trade and commercial laws has developed. You will also learn about the growing body of international human rights and European laws, exploring issues around Brexit and the protection of fundamental rights in the UK in particular. With an element of independent study, you can focus on an area of law that interests you, with the support of specialist academics and researchers who are contributing towards shaping today’s legal, policy and business environment. And, while you can choose to keep your LLM broad, you could instead opt for specialist route:
- International Business Law
- International Human Rights Law
- International Law
- Specialist routes – select one of our specialist LLM routes to develop your understanding of an area of law that you are passionate about.
- Research focus – learn from our team of expert academics who have strong links with civic society, think tanks and policy-makers both in the UK and abroad.
- Dynamic legal centre – Manchester has a thriving legal sector, with a wide range of national and international firms that specialise in diverse areas of legal practice.
- Outstanding learning environment – access the excellent facilities within our Faculty of Business and Law, including careers and student hubs and IT zones – our University library is also right next door.
- Expand your knowledge – hear guest lectures from practising lawyers and renowned academics and public servants from the North West and further afield.
- Make connections – use our extensive links to law firms, lawyers and other organisations to help develop relationships that could further your career.
Please see our website for information on entry requirements.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course