Go from being part of a team to leading your own. We’ll give you skills in design, construction and maintenance of infrastructure projects. Gain the skills to shape and maintain the world around us. The growing demand for infrastructure to sustain modern societies and underpin economic and social development requires creative solutions from engineering professionals. This course is designed to satisfy the requirements for accreditation. As such, it will help you develop your career as a leader in design, construction and management operations within civil engineering. As part of your course, you’ll:
- Develop your technical ability, understanding of engineering principles, commercial flair and environmental awareness
- Study contractual issues, health and safety, business functionality, communication skills, report writing, codes of conduct and responsibilities to your team
- Develop research capability and skills to analyse complex problems
- Develop leadership skills required to meet changing technical and commercial needs in civil engineering.
- Industry standard specialist facilities
- Opportunity to network with industry professionals
- Industry experienced expert teaching team
- Guest lectures delivered by industry professionals
- Full-time, part-time and placement study options.
Core modules: Transportation studies; professional applications for management; structural analysis and design; fluid mechanics and water engineering; geotechnical analysis and design; materials technology; civil engineering dissertation.
Applicants should either have a BSc (Hons)/BEng (Hons) in civil engineering or engineering (accredited for IEng) at 2.1 or above, a BEng (Hons) in civil engineering or engineering (accredited for partial CEng) at 2.2 or above, a 2.1 or above in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for or have equivalent experience or training from within the civil engineering environment. Applicants whose 1st language is not English require IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum 5.5 in each component) or equivalent.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course