Overview When you've decided you want to be a primary school teacher, you'll want your degree to lead you smoothly into this fulfilling, rewarding career. At Worcester, we have excellent contacts with the schools in the region where you'll do your placements. They also keep us up to date with job vacancies, so not surprisingly, our employability statistics are very impressive. You'll experience a great sense of community on the course. The majority of sessions are delivered in small seminar groups, with some whole cohort sessions. You will receive excellent academic and personal support from your tutors throughout the course and exceptional guidance from mentors and colleagues in school. Key Features
- 95% overall student satisfaction (NSS 2020) for the programme
- An appropriate balance between teaching and placements, including placement in the first term, where you'll experience school life and learn about the role of the class teacher
- The opportunity to carry out placements in different schools to provide a broad yet personalised experienced, tailored to specific needs
- 'Developing Self' module ensures mental health and wellbeing sit at the heart of our programme and provide opportunities for your personal and professional development
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) on successful completion of the course
- Opportunities to work with innovative schools to enhance professional practice
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course