Overview Game Art and Animation are complimentary disciplines that offer many possibilities such as CGI animator, gameplay animator, technical animator, VFX or concept artist. Working in our dedicated Game Art and Animation Studios, you will have access to industry standard software such as Autodesk Maya, Motionbuiler, Toon Boom and Adobe Suite. Our dedicated technicians provide friendly support for students working with equipment and software. You can also hire out professional film/sound equipment, graphics tablets, lightboxes and other kit, as well as booking sound and video studios, including a state-of-the-art film studio with green screen for VFX. Our in-house motion performance centre provides state of the art realtime capture using Vicon Shogun allowing you to experience motion capture pipelines. Excellent industry links include our animation panel of award winning talent from our region (Dice Productions, Yaminations, Second Home Studios), who provide support and real-world experience. Game Art comes with membership of UKIE for Students giving access to industry events, portfolio reviews and talks, as well as our own regular guest speakers from game developers, such as Rare, Sony and Ubisoft. A passion for games or creative technology with a love for moving image, could make this the right combination for you. Key features
- Students have access to the Motion Performance Centre where they will experience directing motion capture shoots before processing data for use in animated film or game engines.
- Stop Motion Studios with Dragon Frame, camera and lighting rigs.
- Live Projects with Industry Briefs for animation and game development.
- Learn wide ranging practical skills including concept generation, character design and development, 3d modelling, CGI animation, digital 2d animation, digital sculpting and UI design.
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.