Are you interested in a career working with children? Do you want to learn more about how to support children’s learning and development? Our programme is suitable for those wanting to work in a number of sectors, including early years, primary school teaching and community work. The programme will help you develop a number of personal and professional skills as you will undertake placement hours to enhance your skill set and apply theory to practice. Once you have completed the course, you can go into several different career routes such as teaching, early years management and MA study.
On this course you will study a range of engaging modules, considering various aspects of early childhood practice and making connections to professional experience gained. Modules studied: Level 4
- Research and Foundational Theories [40 credits]
- Educational Continuum [20 credits]
- Safeguarding [20 credits]
- Children, Families and Society [20 credits]
- Observation and Assessment [20 credits]
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities [20 credits}
- Research and Contemporary Theories [40 credits]
- Effective Pedagogy option 1 (0-4 years) option 2 (5-8 years) [20 credits]
- Employability [20 credits]
- Multi Agency Working [20 credits]
- Current Issues and Contemporary Debates [20 credits]
- Language, Learning and Literacy [20 credits]
- Innovation and Change [20 credits]
- Early Years Dissertation [40 credits]
- The Reflective Practitioner [20 credits]
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
32 UCAS Tariff points from a combination of acceptable Level 3 qualifications which may include: A-level, BTEC Diplomas/Extended Diplomas. Level 2 Requirements (GCSE level): Not a requirement but good practice: Grade 4/C in GCSE English and Mathematics. Additional requirements • A suitable DBS Enhanced Certificate is required. • There is a requirement of either paid or voluntary placement, for a minimum of 2 days per week. We are committed to creating educational opportunities for people from a variety of backgrounds and situations. If you have been out of formal education for some time, and/or you do not have the qualifications stated, we might still be able to consider your application and offer you a range of support. We are here to help. Please get in touch to find out more.
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
Enhanced DBS required
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£7770||Year 1|
Additional fee information
DN Colleges Group
Clearing contact details
Admissions - Clearing
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
HE Administration Services