Overview This Joint Honours course will allow you to explore two fundamental forces that shape our societies - education and language. At the same time, you'll develop transferable skills that will boost your employability. Upon the completion of the course, students can go into teacher training for work in Primary schools, or teaching English in Secondary schools. Education Studies at Worcester will teach you about the development of modern education and how education differs across the world. You'll also learn about education from diverse settings, from Forest Schools to the inner city, and from young minds to lifelong learning. Studying English Language at Worcester, you will have the opportunity to explore the power that language has to influence how people view their world, from community formation to personal identity, and business relations. Key features
- The course is dynamic and innovative, with highly enthusiastic teaching informed by contemporary research
- Clear focus on the socio-cultural aspects of language use and an emphasis on the development of research skills with opportunities to present research outcomes through a student conference in the final year
- Opportunities to gain credit for work experience and / or mentoring in educational settings
- Very strong links with teacher training courses and providers of employment in other sectors of education
- Fantastic opportunities to explore education across a wide range of contexts: from primary schools to forest schools, from the UK to Africa
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.