Prepare for a successful career in a rapidly growing area of sport. We will equip you with highly specialised skills for professional roles in strength and conditioning, rehabilitation and injury risk reduction. KEY FEATURES OF THE COURSE:
- IN-DEPTH KNOWLEDGE: Experience the latest training methods and applications to help athletes maximise their performance, return from injury and the threat of injury. You’ll study core modules in strength and conditioning and rehabilitation to provide you with specialist knowledge, combined with optional modules.
- WORK READY: To ensure you’re well prepared for employment, you’ll use our links with industry to go on mandatory work placements in your first and second year, followed by an optional placement in your third year.
- PROFESSIONAL CREDIBILITY: This course is a route to professional accreditation in strength and conditioning due to our curriculum being aligned to the United Kingdom Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA) guidelines.
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Develop your skills in in our bespoke strength and conditioning suite which includes a VICON 3D motion capture system and integrated Kistler Force Plates. In addition to these facilities, we have a well-equipped physiology laboratory, and a separate biomechanics laboratory containing the latest equipment for movement analysis.
- ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Take advantage of opportunities to gain additional vocational qualifications, such as various coaching and first aid awards throughout the course.
- EXPERT TEACHING: Our teaching team include accredited professionals who will provide you with high quality teaching and support. They are actively involved in research, high-performance sport and applied sport science consultancy. They are also members of leading professional bodies, including the United Kingdom Strength and Conditioning Association and the Society of Sports Therapists.
- In your first year, you'll learn the key principles which underpin sport performance including anatomy, psychology and rehabilitation. You will then go on to develop essential knowledge about the science behind human strength and conditioning, exploring injury rehabilitation methods and performing assessments and testing on athletes in our laboratories. In your third year, you will choose from a selection of optional modules, from sport science through to advanced athlete testing and assessment.
- Assessments will employ a combination of theoretical and practical assignments, such as case study presentations, field based assessments, written coursework, and professional discussions.
- This course offers a solid platform for employment in areas such as elite and participation sport, strength and conditioning, rehabilitation and sport coaching. You can also consider taking your qualifications to the next level with postgraduate study.
- This course is available with a Foundation Year option.
- This course is also available with an Industrial Placement Year.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
English language requirements
IELTS overall score at a minimum of 6.0; with at least IELTS 5.5 in each band (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing) or another Secure English Language Test(SELT)at CEFR level B2 or above
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|