University of Derby has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
Learn to develop striking three-dimensional spaces on this accredited interior architecture and venue design degree. From bars to hotels, live performance spaces to museums, you’ll cover a wide range of venue designs on this accredited course featuring industry placements and an excellent employment record. KEY FEATURES OF THE COURSE:
- RANKINGS: An impressive 100% of our graduates were employed or in further study within six months (Destination of Leavers from Higher Education survey, (DLHE) 2015/16).
- ACCREDITATION: This course is accredited by the Chartered Society of Designers (CSD), so you’ll develop the knowledge and skills you need to become professionally qualified.
- STRONG EMPLOYER LINKS: This course is designed with the help of employers, so it is focused on preparing you to hit the ground running from day one in your career. Our links span companies such as Lathams Architects, Maber, Morrisons Design Ltd., CPMG and Akar Studios. Our industry partnerships mean that you will have the chance to see real-world projects at first hand and go on study trips in the UK and Europe. You will also be inspired by guest lectures delivered by experts from industry.
- LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES: During your studies, you will be constantly challenged to conceptualise, investigate and develop the design of three-dimensional spaces. You will work on real-world projects based upon actual sites and go on study trips. On top of all that, your work will be highly visible because we encourage you to enter exhibitions –locally and in London.
- WORK EXPERIENCE: The optional year in industry could be an unforgettable and CV-transforming experience; previous students have been to Los Angeles and worked in Beverly Hills and Bel Air. You will also achieve an additional qualification, the Diploma in Professional Practice, as part of this experience.
- EXPERT TEACHING: We foster an ethos where you will produce socially, culturally and environmentally responsive design proposals, drawing upon best practice and the wide-ranging expertise of our teaching teams.
- Throughout your studies, you will gain a thorough understanding of the ways in which architectural and interior design histories and theories, as well as existing physical and cultural contexts, inform design processes, programmes and proposals. In your third year, you will also get to carry out an Integrated Design Project.
- You will be assessed in a variety of ways to help you develop your presentation and communication skills, which are essential for professional practice.
- Our amazing employment record should reassure you of your prospects. There are plenty of employment opportunities for BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Venue Design graduates, ranging from generic architectural or interior design to venue project management and technical consultancy. Our links with companies like Scott Wilson, Vinci PLC, Taylor Woodrow, Bowmer & Kirkland and Baggaley Construction, will ensure you are well-connected and able to break into this industry.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
IELTS overall score at a minimum of 6.0; with at least IELTS 5.5 in each band (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing) or another Secure English Language Test(SELT) at CEFR level B2 or above
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Derby