Sport has an incredible power to touch people’s lives – transcending social divisions, promoting healthy lifestyles and opening doors to opportunity. Our two-year Manchester City Community Football Coaching foundation degree is designed to give you that power, by matching our academic expertise with the facilities, experience and know-how of Manchester City F.C.’s City in the Community Foundation. It’s a course that combines theory-based teaching at our Institute of Sport with work-based learning at the state-of-the-art Etihad Campus – a mix designed to help you develop a comprehensive skillset in coaching, sport development, performance analysis, strength and conditioning, and more. Do well and you’ll not only have the chance to gain additional experiences and to complete a range of professional coaching certificates, but you could extend your studies by a year and transfer to the BSc course. By the time you leave us, you should have real-world skills, vital qualifications and understanding from the forefront of sport and exercise science. It’s all you need to pursue a career in sport, from teaching and coaching to sport development and performance analysis. In short, this is a course that offers the chance of a sporting future with real impact. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Combines the academic expertise at our Institute of Sport with the coaching ability of Manchester City F.C.’s City in the Community Foundation.
- Develop real-world coaching skills through work-based learning in the world-class surroundings of the Etihad campus.
- Study in the state-of-the-art surroundings of our Institute of Sport, including our £26 million building on Oxford Road, Manchester.
- Learn from the sport and exercise experts whose research shapes government policy and best practice.
- You will get personalised mentoring support from experienced coaching practitioners working with the City in the Community Foundation.
- There are typically a range of opportunities to volunteer or work with a health or sports organisation – potentially including the City Football Group.
- You can earn a range of career-boosting coach education and professional development qualifications – either completely free or heavily discounted.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 or above in English Language and Mathematics or Pass in Level 2 Functional Skills English and GCSE grade C/4 or above in Mathematics or Pass in Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics
Additional entry requirements
Due to the nature of City in the Community projects, all learners will require an enhanced DBS check and clearance. We are currently unable to accept applications for this course, from international students who require a visa to study in the UK.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course