Understand sport branding, campaigns and event promotion. You’ll learn to connect with audiences using modern marketing tools. Promoting and marketing sport is a growing industry. You’ll develop as a dynamic sport marketer to prepare for an exciting career in this vibrant field. As part of your course, you’ll:
- Gain insight into specific aspects of sport marketing in a changing global environment
- Discover how sport marketing contributes to the success of sports performers, teams, organisations, events and related industries
- Learn how to connect and interact with various audiences through broadcasting, branding, print and digital campaigns
- Analyse consumer behaviour
- Develop an understanding of media technologies and how they can be used to communicate with a target market
- Build skills in gaining sponsorship, writing press releases, event management, business planning, and setting up a small business
- Work placement opportunities with organisations such as Leeds United FC, Leeds Rhinos and Leeds Carnegie
- Sandwich year – a year of paid employment in industry
- Teaching staff at the leading edge in their field
- Top up your learning with professionally recognised National Governing Body UK Coaching Certificates
- Study in the university’s new £45m state-of-the-art Carnegie School of Sport building
Year 1 Core Modules:
- Sport Business Landscape
- The Sport Consumer
- Introduction to Sport Marketing
- Digital Business
- Sport Finance
- Personal, Professional and Academic Development (PPAD)
- Professional Practice in the Sport Industry
- Sport Sponsorship
- Marketing Communications
- Research in Practice
- Sport Broadcasting
- Strategic Marketing
- Sport Branding
- Digital Media for International Marketing
- Major Independent Study
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding