Advanced Clinical Practice at Keele University - UCAS

Keele University

Degree level: Postgraduate

Advanced Clinical Practice (Taught)

There are other course options available which may have a different vacancy status or entry requirements – view the full list of options

Course summary

The MSc Advanced Clinical Practice is a programme for multi-professional groups which aims to meet the contemporary challenges of advanced clinical practice. On successful completion of this programme you will be a recognised Advanced Clinical Practitioner (HEE, 2017) with an expert knowledge base, complex decision-making skills and clinical competencies for expanded autonomous scope of practice, the characteristics of which are shaped by the context in which you practice. Why study this course?

  • Britain's best university, as ranked by students (Student Crowd University Awards, 2022)
  • This programme is accredited by the Centre of Advancing Practice
  • Top 10 in the UK for research opportunities offered to postgraduate students (PRES, 2019)
  • Join a close-knit graduate community
The MSc Advanced Clinical Practice pathway offers a broad range of contemporary options for prospective students and reflects the University mission statement in learning and teaching to deliver high quality education with an emphasis on interprofessional and multi-professional learning opportunities. There are three formal progression points:
  • Post Graduate Certificate in Advanced Health Assessment and Clinical Decision Making (60 Credits)
  • Post Graduate Diploma in Advancing Clinical Practice (120 Credits)
  • MSc Advanced Clinical Practice (180 Credits)
The MSc Advanced Clinical Practice pathway is delivered by a team who have specialist knowledge in advanced practice and its four pillars. Approximately 80% of the curriculum for the MSc Advanced Clinical Practice is recognised as curriculum applicable to an Advanced Clinical Practitioner working in any health discipline and setting. The other 20% of the curriculum will be negotiated between Keele and yourself to consider the education, training and modules required to support your advanced clinical role and areas of interest. You can select modules from within the School of Nursing and Midwifery and the wider Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences and other, indeed, relevant modules within the University and other Universities through negotiation with the Award Lead. The duration of this part-time course is 3 to 5 years. About Keele Our beautiful 600-acre campus is one of the biggest in Britain – but all the most important services and facilities are on your doorstep, with accommodation, teaching spaces, facilities including a medical centre, sports centre and pharmacy, and a range of shops, eateries and entertainment venues – including the Students’ Union – clustered around the centre.


For information regarding modules for this course, please visit the course page on the Keele University website.

Entry requirements

Please visit the course page on the Keele University website for information about the course entry requirements relating to: new entrants to Advanced Clinical Practice, applicants without a first degree, existing practitioners, employers, application requirements, English Language entry requirement for International Students.

Fees and funding

Tuition fees

No fee information has been provided for this course

Additional fee information

Information relating to the tuition fees and funding options for this course can be viewed on the Keele University website.
Advanced Clinical Practice at Keele University - UCAS