About this Course: This course delivers a higher level of study for those who are looking for a career within the hair and beauty sector as a manager or salon owner. It will provide you with the technical skills needed to work within specialised areas of hair and beauty at an advanced level. Throughout your time on the course you will learn new advanced practical skills, attend lectures and seminars, perform extensive research activities and supervise your peers at various levels to develop your management skills. We have fully equipped, state of the art salons with professional ranges of products and new advanced IPL equipment as well as extensive links with industry and highly trained and industry experienced staff. You will offer professional treatments in commercial clinics as an advanced specialist The course is practical and theory-based with high expectations to produce quality assignment work, using advanced referencing techniques synonymous with universities. Modules Covered: The following subjects are typical examples of what you may study; however, course content is regularly reviewed to reflect changes in the industry.
- Preparation, Process and Production in Creative Arts
- Design Techniques and Applications for the Performer
- Historical Context in Performing Arts
- Personal and Professional Development
- Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
- Work-based Learning
- Period Hair and Make-up
- TV and Film Hair and Make-up
- Gain employment within the TV and Film Industry, theatre, makeup consultancy, or self-employment.
- You may decide to study further in hair and beauty or other areas in this sector
- You can progress to university or convert you Higher National Diploma (HND) to a BA (Hons) degree with a further year of study
- A level 4 qualification in a related area (e.g. Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Performing Arts Production Specialist Media Make-up)
- GCSE English and Maths grade C/4 or above, or equivalent
- You will be also be requied to successfully complete an interview with a course tutor
- You must be flexible and able to commit to evening and weekend activities on location
- You will be expected to purchase a uniform and kit and pay for educational visits
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications from students requiring a Student visa. For more information, please contact the course provider.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Entry requirements •One A-Level from a creative area – Art and Design or Level 3 qualification in Hair and Media Make-up or a BTEC Level 3/ Foundation Diploma within a creative area at tutor discretion •GCSE English and Maths grade C and above, or equivalent •You will also be required to successfully complete an interview with a course tutor •You must be flexible and able to commit to evening and weekend activities on location •You will be expected to purchase a uniform and kit, and pay for educational visits
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6900||Year 1|