This course is delivered by the AACSB-accredited Business School, an accreditation attained by fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide. It recognises our focus on excellence in all areas, including teaching and student learning. Why study BA (Hons) Accounting (with Foundation Year) at BU?
- Gain a comprehensive overview of the sector in your first year with the flexibility to transfer to a different specialism within accounting and finance at the end of the year
- Meet industry-leading practitioners and professionals through guest lectures, seminars and assessment activities
- Compete in the IBM Challenge through a series of simulated business exercises, allowing you to develop your employability and meet potential employers
- Study abroad at one of our international partner institutions in Australia, Canada or Europe
- Gain industry experience and enhance your employability by undertaking an optional 30-week placement which can be completed anywhere in the world
- 90% of our graduates are working or studying fifteen months after graduating (National Student Survey 2019/20).
During the foundation year, you will study the following units: Fundamentals of Business & Management, Academic & Professional Practice and Fusion Business Project. As part of your degree, you will study a range of subject areas including business tax and auditing, financial reporting, and corporate finance.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- AACSB International
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|