This Information Technology degree will appeal to highly motivated students who have a strong interest in data analysis and the management of IT systems. The course captures how our modern global society and the developing world are increasingly reliant on IT products and services. KEY FEATURES OF THIS COURSE
- WORK EXPERIENCE: Gain valuable experience on an optional year in industry, supported by our dedicated and highly experienced placement staff.
- LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES: The team project in year two challenges you to develop an IT product or service for a real client, such as a local charity. You’ll take part in debates, group and individual work, practical sessions in computer labs, tutorials, seminars and presentations by in-house and guest lecturers.
- INDUSTRY SOFTWARE: Use tools such as R, Python, Watson Analytics, SAS JMP and Tableau.
- FLEXIBILITY: Benefit from the option to transfer to another degree in your Computing portfolio after your first year.
- NO EXAMS!: We’ll assess you via other methods throughout your degree.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
IELTS overall score at a minimum of 6.0; with at least IELTS 5.5 in each band (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing) or another Secure English Language Test(SELT)at CEFR level B2 or above
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|