Bridging the disciplines of education and psychology, our Education with Psychology degree explores how young children and adolescents learn and develop in today’s society. This dynamic course provides you with the opportunity to develop your knowledge of education alongside specialist areas of psychology such as human development and educational psychology and apply your specialist knowledge to real life circumstances, linking theory, policy and practice. Combine this with our employability units and optional professional practice year, and you will be well-placed to enter your chosen career or further study to become a teacher or professional psychologist. Why choose this course?
- Explore specialist areas of psychology including child development, cognitive development, and learning, memory, thinking and language.
- Study the acquisition of knowledge on the psychology, sociology and philosophy of contemporary education
- Develop your understanding of key concepts in both education and psychology that will be applicable to a career in working with children and young people.
- Learn from expert lecturing staff and practitioners from teaching, education and psychology who will inspire you by drawing on their current research in fields such as developmental psychology, motivation and professional practice including integrated working.
- Gain transferable skills from work-based learning units and the option of a professional practice year providing you with valuable work experience to support your future graduate career.
- Benefit from a course that prepares you for a teacher training programme or our MSc Psychology (conversion) degree in order to gain BPS accreditation and a professional career in psychology.
Every effort is made to ensure this information is accurate at the point of publication on the UCAS website. For the most up-to-date information, please refer to our website.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Bedford Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
We are happy to consider applicants with alternative qualifications and/or work experience. If you would like to check if your qualifications will be accepted please contact the Admissions Team.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course