Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information. Course summary
- Study food, ingredients and diets in nutritional terms.
- Discovering their impact on cells, tissues and organs.
- Explore the impact of food, diet and lifestyle on health and wellbeing.
- Learn how to design nutrition and public health initiatives.
- Understand how food impacts society, people and the planet.
- lectures, seminars and workshops
- practical sessions in our food science and nutrition labs, development kitchens and sensory suite
- webinars and competitions
- live projects with schools, voluntary sector organisations and food businesses
- independent study and group work
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. You will be able to complete a placement year as part of this course. See the modules table below for further information. Year 1 Compulsory modules Applied Academic Skills Food Choice: People And Planet Fundamentals Of Food And Nutrition: Composition, Safety And Nutrient Function Physiology And Biochemistry For Nutrition Year 2 Compulsory modules Applied Nutrition: Populations, Policy And Practice Nutrition And Health In The Digital Age Nutrition In Health And Disease: Meeting Specific Needs Personal And Professional Development Year 3 Optional modules Placement Year Final year Compulsory modules Food And Nutrition Consultancy Challenge Food And Nutrition Research Wellbeing Service Provision Elective modules Global Issues In Nutrition And Health Issues In Sports Nutrition
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Association for Nutrition
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Please note that this information is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University.
English language requirements
|6.5 IELTS score with a minimum 6.0 in all skills, or equivalents.
Please click the following link to find out more about English language requirements for this course
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.