Our BA Sociology and Criminology degree gives you the opportunity to combine the study of social life and social relations with the field of criminology. On this joint course you will:
- explore the ideas, social processes and social forces that give shape to the contemporary world
- investigate key criminology topics, methods and theories.
- Birkbeck's innovative, creative and interdisciplinary courses will help you become a competent, critical and responsible student of the social world and the psychological and social forces that shape individuals.
- Follow your interests and choose to specialise in communication, geography, history, politics, psychosocial studies, social anthropology or social policy.
- Ours is a vibrant research culture, powered by a shared passion for learning and intellectual engagement among our academics and students.
- charity officer
- social researcher
- further education lecturer.
For information about course structure and the modules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
Assessment methods include non-assessed written exercises and assessed essays. In your final year you will complete a dissertation.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests. We also accept other English language tests.
There are no qualification requirements for this course.
We welcome applicants without traditional entry qualifications as we base decisions on our own assessment of qualifications, knowledge and previous work experience. We may waive formal entry requirements based on judgement of academic potential.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course