University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview Our Dental Technology Foundation Degree blends academic learning with practical placements, so you'll continually apply theory to practice. The modules will equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to thrive in the dental technology industry. You will work on placement in a dental laboratory, allowing you to develop and apply the expertise needed to manufacture dental appliances. You'll also work in purpose-built laboratories, to learn the fundamental skills used in dental technology services. The academic aspect of the course is taught at Birmingham Metropolitan College, one of our partner institutions. Key features
- You can study full-time over 2 years or part-time over 3 years. The taught component of the course will normally be delivered over 3 days per week across 2 semesters per year (1 and a half days per week for part-time students)
- Authentic work-based learning is an integral part of the course design - with an on-going application of theory and practice, where one environment supports learning in the other
- Designed in partnership with employers, this foundation degree meets the National Occupational Standards for the sector
- When you complete the course you will be able to register with the General Dental Council
- You'll also have opportunities to study CAD/CAM applications to dental technology, materials science, and anatomy & physiology
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Birmingham Metropolitan College (Matthew Boulton College)
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page