OVERVIEW Whatever the brand, whatever the market and whatever the media, successful advertising comes down to a combination of creative thinking, commercial awareness and strategic insight. The kind of people who excel in the industry don’t just offer exciting ideas, but also have an excellent eye for detail, a flair for communication and an instinctive understanding of their audience. You'll learn about consumer behaviour, brand management and digital marketing communications – to name a few areas. You’ll get to grips with the media landscape, exploring integrated campaigns that balance traditional and digital channels. Put your creative abilities to the test, turning your own ideas into memorable advertising and learn how it all fits in to a greater marketing strategy designed to build brands. Along the way, you’ll have access to the real professionals – whether as guest lecturers, campaign clients or placement employers. So, by the time you leave us, you’ll be ready to join their ranks in the industry. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Advertising and brand experts – our lecturers have worked in agencies, consultancies, and client-side, including BBC, Condé Naste and PWC. They’ll pass their experience on to you throughout the course.
- Accredited degree – a Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) accredited degree.
- A buzzing creative hub – We're in the heart of Manchester, near MediaCityUK, the creative Northern Quarter, and some of the largest advertising and branding agencies in the country.
- Triple accredited – our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Mentoring scheme - open to final year students, get the opportunity to be mentored by professionals in industry. Be inspired, expand your networks and broaden your horizons to the types of roles available in the sector.
- Regular industry events – attend guest talks and masterclasses, network with recruiting businesses.
- Enhance your employability – through activities including internships, volunteering or learning a new language, with our award-winning ‘Rise at Manchester Met’ programme you can gain extra academic credits towards your degree and even learn skills to enhance your creative aspirations.
- Supporting you in person and online - student support initiatives include drop-in sessions, lecture recordings and dedicated support, both on and offline.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass and GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics pass
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course