Learn to produce powerful stories for multiple platforms, so you can be part of the next generation of journalists, content creators or social media managers. This is a highly practical and flexible journalism degree.
- Journalism at Derby has been rated Top 30 in the Guardian University Guide 2023
- Gain practical experience of researching and producing stories in multiple formats: online, print, audio and video
- You'll publish your work on our online platform for students and get the chance to join a student-run communications agency, which works with real clients and local news outlets
- Hear the latest insights from the industry and build contacts — through work experience, guest speakers, and events such as Employability Day and Journalism Week
- Benefit from our outstanding facilities, which include TV and radio studios fitted with the latest equipment, as well as Mac suites and a newsroom equipped with leading software
- Build a versatile skillset that's relevant to many careers within and beyond journalism, including in social media, content creation, PR, advertising, corporate communications, or the wider creative industries.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Additional entry requirements
English language requirements
IELTS overall score at a minimum of 7.0; with at least IELTS 6.5 in each band (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing) or another Secure English Language Test(SELT)at CEFR level B2 or above
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding