- On our BSc (Hons) Pharmacology (Foundation Entry) course you’ll receive a solid foundation in science. Discover how disease affects the human body and how drugs can help to restore normal function.
- This course offers an integrated approach to understanding how a healthy body works, what happens when there’s underlying disease and how drugs act to treat a patient. You’ll explore where drugs come from, how they’re developed, and how they affect the human body and help in the fight against disease. You’ll be learning from expert staff – many are active researchers in areas such as neuropharmacology, nanotechnology, drugs of abuse, and cancer treatments.
- Foundation entry degree courses like this one are ideal if you’ve got the ability to study for a degree but you don’t have the qualifications needed to directly enter the full honours degree programme.
- During the foundation year we’ll equip you with the essential knowledge and understanding of theoretical and practical science skills you’ll need to succeed at degree level.
- The foundation year will provide you with an interesting and stimulating grounding in science. Pharmacology is a fascinating area to study bringing together many medical disciplines, including physiology, biochemistry, and cell and molecular biology.
- The course will enable you to gain key practical skills in our modern, spacious and well-equipped laboratory facilities.
- Bachelor of Science with Honours in Pharmacology (Foundation Entry) is ranked 3rd in the UK with 99% of students in graduate-level work or further study after graduating (Complete University Guide 2021)
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6000||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£6000||Year 1|