We aim to help prepare you for a career in the international hospitality industry, and at the same time, you’ll have the chance to develop both your English language skills and intercultural competency. Blending theory and practice, it draws together your previous studies to develop your strategic knowledge and understanding in areas required by contemporary international tourism organisations. You’ll have the opportunity to develop analytical, organisational, problem solving, interpersonal, communications and project management skills, together with an appreciation of the diversity of cultures involved in developing and managing international hospitality operations. Coventry Business School was rated as ‘excellent’ by Eduniversal, an annual ranking of over 150 business schools, in 2018. We have been educating business professionals for over fifty years and enjoy links with a wide range of employer within the event and hospitality industries. Key Course Benefits
- Ranked 3rd best in the UK for ‘Hospitality, Event Management and Tourism’ by the Guardian University Guide 2020 and 35th in the world by Eduniversal 2016.
- Membership of the Association of Event Management Education (AEME), Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS), European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) and EuroCHRIE – the Tourism and Hospitality Educators.
- Experienced teaching staff, with mix of academic and industry experience, including staff who have worked as operations managers in conference venues and luxury hotels, sports marketing companies and managing sport venues, as well as a committee member of the Association of Event Management Education (AEME).
- Coventry Business School was ranked as ‘excellent’ by Eduniversal (2018), and has over 50 years of experience teaching business courses.
Your main study themes are:
- Event management: We cover the core principles and practices of management, but in the context of organising events. You gain a solid understanding of live event management and corporate social responsibility (CSR), both critically important when managing professional events.
- Business Management: Covers the principles of strategic marketing and strategic management. You should gain an appreciation of the importance of hospitality operations management and how organisations plan for adapting to a constantly changing business environment.
- Advanced English for Business: Aims to develop your English language knowledge and skills to a level where you can operate effectively and independently within the hospitality industry. The emphasis is on extending your practical reading, writing, speaking and listening skills.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- European Foundation for Management Development
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Successful completion of 2 years appropriate academic study in Higher Education. All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. If you are successful in receiving an offer, you will be invited to an Applicant Visit Day to discover more about the course and studying at Coventry University.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|