Marketing plays a central role in companies' strategic planning, determining what products or services may be of interest to customers and the strategy to use in sales, communications and business development. Our MSc Marketing provides a comprehensive understanding of the relevance and necessity of marketing and insight into the marketing decision-making process. You will be introduced to marketing theory, marketing mixes and current issues and future trends of marketing, while confronting a number of relevant issues, including branding, customer relationship management, digital marketing and green marketing. Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), this course is up to date, intellectually inspiring and relevant, and attracts high-quality, highly motivated students from around the globe. Highlights
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals. We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) which is the leading professional body for marketers worldwide. Birkbeck has joined forces with CIM to give our students the opportunity to gain CIM professional qualifications through their Multi-Award Pathway (MAP). CIM qualifications are highly sought after by employers, and MAP, alongside our own degrees, ensures we are equipping our students with the best opportunities for a successful marketing career.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- Working with the University of London, we also offer an online MSc Marketing.
For information about course structure and the modules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
A combination of examinations, coursework and a 12,000-word dissertation.
How to apply
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests. If you don't meet the minimum IELTS requirement, we offer pre-sessional English courses and foundation programmes to help you improve your English language skills and get your place at Birkbeck.
Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification. We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£12450||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Birkbeck, University of London
Clearing contact detailsClearing Enquiry form
020 3907 0700
Our Clearing hotline opens at 8.30am on Tuesday 10th August until 6pm and 9am on Wednesday 11th August until 6pm. From Thursday 12th August our phone lines will be open 10.30 - 6pm (Mon-Thur) and 10.30 -5pm (Fri). Virtual Clearing Event - http://www.bbk.ac.uk/events/
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Birkbeck Student Advice Service
0203 907 0700